The Resource The passage of power
- The passage of power
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert A. Caro
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1963-1969
- trueKennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Assassination
- trueHistory writing -- United States -- 1960s
- trueJohnson, Lyndon B, 1908-1973
- Johnson, Lyndon B., (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973
- trueUnited States -- Politics and government
- trueLife stories -- Politics | Politicians
- trueHistory writing -- United States -- Presidency -- 20th century
- true1960s -- 1960 -- 1969
- In volume four of this multi-part biography, the author, a Pulitzer Prize winner, follows Lyndon Johnson through both the most frustrating and the most triumphant periods of his career, describing Johnson's volatile relationship with John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy during the fight they waged for the 1960 Democratic nomination for president, through Johnson's unhappy vice presidency, his assumption to the presidency after Kennedy's assassination, his victories over the budget and civil rights, and the eroding trap of Vietnam. Previous volumes include: v. 1. The Path to Power (c1982), v. 2. Means of Ascent (c1990), v. 3. Master of the Senate (c2002)
- American History Book Prize, 2012.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2012.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Biography, 2012.
- Mark Lynton History Prize, 2013.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Biography, 2012.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2012.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .C37 2012
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- The years of Lyndon Johnson
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The passage of power
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The passage of power
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://statesboro.library.link/resource/pRaJzaTqaaY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://statesboro.library.link/resource/pRaJzaTqaaY/">The passage of power</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://statesboro.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://statesboro.library.link/">Statesboro Regional Public Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>